Russify MS Windows: Converters
This page is about Cyrillic Converters that run on MS Windows platforms.
CVT is a nice little converter
that converts text files and Windows Clipboard contents
from/to following encodings:
KOI8-R, CP-1251 (Win), CP-866 (Alt DOS).
(1) Download cvt32.zip for Windows 95 and Windows NT.
(1a) Download ccvt102.zip for Windows 3.1 and Windows 3.11.
(2) Unzip downloaded file into RUSCVT directory.
(3) Read russian README files read-koi.txt or read-win.txt
-- it really helps.
(4) Start converter .EXE from RUSCVT directory.
from Novosibirsk is the author of this package.
is an offering by ZhabaDushit (ZD) Soft.
You can freely download Cyrillic Converter for Windows 95
that understands all modern encodings:
Windows-1251, CP866(OS/2,DOS), KOI8-R, ISO(UNIX).
converts cyrillic files to/from WordPerfect.
This is a freeley downloadable shareware by Ralph E. Kenyon Jr.
It converts to/from CP1251, KOI-8, Lexicon, CP866, DOS.
An advice from Ilya Bass (Ilya_Bass@xn.xerox.com) on
how to convert old Windows 3.1 cyrillic text files
(where cyrillic character sit in the 128-255 area of the coding table)
to Unicode cyrillic files (used by MS Word 97).
1. Save the file in MS Word 6.0/95.
2. Open the file in Word Pad.
3. Select all text.
4. Convert to Times New Roman Cyrillic (Word Pad has it!).
5. Save again as in step 2.
6. Open file in MS Word 97.
More Converter Links
from Per Backman (email@example.com).
All other converters that we have run in MS DOS mode, so check them out at
MS DOS section.